The Clinical Informatics Specialist provides guidance in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining an efficient and effective clinical information system. Supports the organization's overall clinical initiatives by applying an excellent understanding of clinical processes and supporting information technologies to optimize health information systems. Serves as the liaison between providers, clinicians, IT, and management. As an advisor, helps shape and define current and future clinical information system improvements through daily interaction with individual teams both at corporate and enterprise-wide. Participates in strategic vision and planning. Provides continued customer support inclusive of supporting interactive education to enhance system and application comprehension. Facilitates the organization's vision and strategy for clinical transformation, and actively engages in managing system and practice changes. Serves as a mentor and role model.
- Develops content and documentation tools for implementing systems changes and other tasks and provides input for training materials
- Performing in depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with application
- Populates own databases during initial system build and assists in software code upgrades
- Effective communication between information technology and healthcare professionals to assess their needs and constraints and to implement appropriate informatics-related interventions.
- Functions as a liaison between client, technical staff, and vendor as needed.
- 2 years working experience in healthcare, information systems, or healthcare IT
- Has a good foundation of information technologies and workflows in the clinical environment.
- Capable of working independently and with the organization's leadership, clinical teams, and HIT systems related to all clinicians and processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia provides medical, vision, dental, 401k, profit sharing, LTD, generous PTO, and paid holiday time.